Pre-Congress Courses – Call for Proposals
The IACAPAP 2018 Local Organizing Committee invites proposals to contribute to the success of the 23rd World Congress of the International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions.
The number of courses is limited and submissions will be evaluated for inclusion based on likely degree of interest, uniqueness of topic, and whether the course fits in the allowed times at the Congress. Organizers are not restricted to the theme of the Congress, nor the main topics listed on the Congress webpage, but we encourage such proposals. The topics may include especially:
- Anxiety Disorders and Mutism
- Attachment - Update and Clinical Implication
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Borderline Psychopathology in Adolescents
- CAN: The Role of The Prevention and Multidisciplinary Solution
- Community Care
- Continuity and Discontinuity of Psychopathology from Childhood to Adulthood
- Dealing with Bullying at Schools
- Diagnostics and Treatment of Mood Disorders
- Eating Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Challenges of Transition Age
- Inclusive Education
- Infant and Perinatality Issues - Mental Disorders in Children Born Preterm
- Psychosis - From Genetic Risk to Early Symptoms
- Sexual Identity Crisis, Transgender Issues
- Research Strategies in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Suicidal Risk and Behavior
- Update in Psychopharmacology
We are very interested in regional course proposals.
The Pre-Congress Courses will be held on Monday, 23 July 2018 before the Congress Opening Ceremony. Rooms will be configured in a classroom style with chairs behind tables, with rooms holding 20 - 40 participants.
The duration of the Course (upon course organizers’ selection):
- half day: max. 4 hours including 30-minute coffee break
- full day: max. 8 hours including 60-minute lunch break and two 30-minute coffee breaks
Course organizers’ registration fee for the Congress is to be waived. Organizers will be notified by 6 October 2017 on the course acceptance. Organizers will be responsible for informing their speakers/tutors of acceptance or rejection. If the course is not accepted, individual speakers are encouraged to submit an individual abstract for general consideration.
Registration to the Pre-Congress Course for participants is subject to a fee separate from the Congress registration fee.
Please submit the following information to propose the Course for consideration.
- A brief introduction of the course content, including objectives of the proposed course
- Speakers/lecturers involved in the course and their CVs
- Expected duration of the course
- Tentative agenda (as per guidance given above)
- Expected specialty/profession of target audience
- Expected numbers of participants (the organiser is to set the break-even minimum)
- Number of presenters
- Preferred room layout
- AV requirements
Deadline for applications
All nominations/applications/proposals need to be submitted electronically to the IACAPAP 2018 Congress Secretariat before 30 September 2017. No late or incomplete proposals will be considered.
Notification of acceptance is to be distributed by 6 October 2017.
IACAPAP 2018 Congress Secretariat staff will be happy to resolve eventual queries.