Late Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
Regular abstract submission is now closed. We would like to thank all the authors for their contributions.
Notifications to authors were sent on 15 March 2018; please contact the congress secretariat in case your notification was not delivered.
The detailed congress program is not available at the moment; publication is expected in April 2018.
Should you wish to submit your Late Poster Abstract, please see the Late Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines.
Late Poster Abstract Submission
- Did you miss the original abstract submission deadline? Do you have late-breaking science you would like to present at IACAPAP 2018 Congress?
- Late poster abstract submission is now available.
- You must submit your abstract no later than Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 5.00 PM CET.
- Space is limited, and we will close abstract submission once we fill our space or by Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 5.00 PM CET.
- Submitters of late poster abstracts will be informed about the status of their submission by Monday, 21 May 2018.
- Late poster abstracts will be included in the IACAPAP 2018 online program as well as within the electronic abstract book (USB only).
General Information & Deadlines
All abstracts submitted for the IACAPAP 2018 Congress MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the given deadline Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 5.00 PM CET.
Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and will not be considered for the program or publication.
All abstracts must be submitted in English as English is the official congress language.
- Abstracts must be submitted into one of the scientific topics, which must be selected to best match the abstract content. The list of topics is to be found here.
- Abstracts are to be submitted for poster presentation only (Late Poster Abstract Submission).
- Once the abstract is “submitted” (through the “submit” button) it can only be amended on written request to the IACAPAP 2018 Congress Secretariat.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the IACAPAP 2018 Scientific Committee, who are to consider the formal aspects and the quality of the content.
- A rule of three: Each delegate must not present more than three abstracts at the congress. However, the number of submissions is not limited. Should an author have more than three abstracts accepted, a co-author must be named as presenting author for the fourth and subsequent abstracts, otherwise withdrawn from the program.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the IACAPAP 2018 Proceedings. Abstracts not suitable for display will be rejected. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure.
Authors are fully responsible for the abstract content. If the abstract is accepted it would be published in the very form it has been submitted by the submitter. It is therefore recommended to check the abstract carefully - after the submission deadline no further changes may be taken under consideration.
It is not recommended to use any diacritical symbols.
- The submitter is automatically considered to be the presenting author/organizing and chairing person and the contact person, too. If different people, it is to be indicated within the submission, but the submitter is obliged to inform the IACAPAP 2018 congress secretariat, too.
- All presenting authors will receive an acceptance/rejection notification via e-mail by Monday, 21 May 2018.
- All presenting authors are obliged to register by due date which will be communicated in the review notification email.
- Disclosure of potential Conflict of Interest: If, within the past two years, an author or immediate family member has had a substantial personal financial relationship relating to the support of the abstract, this relationship must be described. Such relationships include salaries, ownerships, equity positions, stock options, royalties, consulting fees and honoraria for speaking, material support and other financial arrangements. During the abstract submission process, you will be asked to disclose any potential conflicts of interest.
- The abstract must not have been published before.
Abstracts Formatting - Late Poster Abstract Submission
- The abstract title is limited by 20 words and must be submitted using the sentence case (e.g. This is the title of my abstract)
- Up to 10 authors can be submitted for one abstract
- (including the presenting author)
- Maximum word limit for the abstract text is 250 words
The abstract text must follow the mandatory structure:
Up to 2 pictures/charts/tables can be included within the abstract text. (Please check the step-by-step picture upload guide below)
- Unless otherwise specified within the abstract text, all abstracts are considered to have the Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Approval of ethical committee(s)
- Please make sure to state eventual Funds/Grants provided for your study in order to have this information published with your abstract
Young Investigators and LMIC Delegates Support
Young Investigator, Student, and Trainee Submissions
IACAPAP highly encourages and supports program submissions from young investigators and presenters, defined as those with bachelor’s level degrees, students, and current trainees (residents, fellows, and post-docs). Presenting authors who meet this criterion should indicate this by checking the “Student/Trainee Submission” box. The Program Committee highly recommends that all Student/Trainee applications be reviewed and approved by a senior co-author/mentor prior to final submission.
Picture Upload Guide
Up to two pictures (1) can be inserted within the abstract text using the picture insert icon. They must be saved in JPG.
Place the picture title within the abstract in the location where the picture should appear (2). Click the “Picture Insert” icon to start the upload process (3).
Click the “Upload” button (1) and select the picture you wish to insert from your computer. It will be uploaded to the insert image gallery (2).
Select the corresponding picture (1), copy the picture title into the “Alternate Text” field (2) and add the picture dimensions (one size is enough) (3) and confirm the selection with the ”Insert” button. (4) (width 300px = approx. 7cm wide)
When the picture is uploaded, the correct location and size can be checked. If you wish to change the dimensions you can simply delete the inserted picture and upload it once again with a different size.