Adopt a Delegate Program
For the first time, an ambitious goal has been set for the IACAPAP 2018 Congress to collect and allocate funding to support participation of delegates coming from Lower and middle-income countries to be able to actively participate in the congress. The IACAPAP Local Organizing Committee trust to be able to raise sufficient funds to bring their colleagues to share the experience and
initiate further collaboration.
Key Features of the Program
- Delegates from Lower middle-income countries (LMC) can be “adopted” by fellow colleagues or companies / sponsors.
- The adoption of a delegate from a LMIC country (through sponsorship) will provide the delegate with the opportunity to attend the IACAPAP 2018 Congress.
- Adopted delegates will have the opportunity to present details of their local situation at the congress, thereby creating awareness which in turn could induce assistance from their sponsors and high-income country peers.
- Applicants up to 35 years of age
- Be native/resident in the country in which he/she works
- Submit abstract online
- Submit supporting formal letter from the applicant’s employer/national association representative or local government representative
- Submit applicant’s personal letter of motivation to describe how the applicant’s immediate child and adolescent mental health care or research or his/her country would benefit from his/her attendance to the congress
- Deadline to submit abstract and application supporting documents: 31 December 2017
- Successful applicants will receive sponsorship for congress registration and four-night accommodation (arrangements to be made and paid by the delegate in advance and later reimbursement on-site upon the delegate’s arrival to the congress)
Application and Selection Process
- Applications for the adopt a delegate program to be marked by an author during the abstract submission process by
- Applicants’ abstracts subject to equal evaluation with all submitted abstracts for the congress
- The highest ranked abstracts for the adopt a delegate program are to be considered by the committee allocated for the program
- Notification sent to applicants by 15 March 2018